Whether you’re moving house and storing all your worldly possessions, or you’ve got a small room to keep your seasonal goods, here are some tips for getting the most out of your self-storage room.
“Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful” – William Morris
- Declutter before you move in! Only store what you REALLY need to keep. Upon leaving many customers feel frustrated that they weren’t more brutal getting rid of things before putting them into storage.
- Label, label, label – write down the contents of each box on all sides, you could photograph any key pieces for insurance purposes.
- Pack up the room according to how often you need to access the goods – Xmas decs at the back, cases and key documents at the front.
- Store furniture upright to maximise the space – take apart beds and furniture that easily comes apart (tape the fixtures to the furniture to prevent losing them) Squeeze light items into drawers and wardrobes
- Use ALL available space – fill the room up to the ceiling, much of the space in self-storage rooms will rely on stacking high. Heaviest items at ground level.